How to Be a Family Friendly MuseumRegister
Tuesday 9 July
Would you like your museum to be more welcoming of children, young people and families, but need some support?
This training day will provide a great opportunity to review where you are as an organisation and offer top tips and inspiration to develop your offer for this audience.
This day will help delegates to:
- explore how your work fits into the local and national context
- use the Kids in Museums Manifesto as a framework to reflect on what your organisation offers and where you can develop your work
- pick up low and no cost tips for improving your provision
- hear from the People’s History Museum, 2017 Family Friendly Museum Award winner, about how they have embedded the Kids in Museums Manifesto and run Takeover Day
- discover how Takeover Day and Teen Digital Takeover can be used to pilot new work
- find out about a range of resources to support your work
- create an action plan in order to take your work forward
You can view a full schedule for the day here.
Who should attend?
This training day is suitable for staff or volunteers from museums across the North East, Yorkshire & North West.
This event is run in partnership with Kids in Museums, Museum Development North West and Museum Development Yorkshire.
Supported by Arts Council England.