We wish to reassure museums that we will continue to provide support to the sector and will be linking more widely with our partners (including Arts Council England) to target support effectively. On managing health risks, the latest information and advice for the general public is on the NHS website (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/) and the UK Government’s Coronavirus information page (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public) . These pages are updated daily and should be the first point of contact for information.
We also appreciate the significant commercial and sustainability challenges this situation poses for the many wonderful organisations we work with and we encourage you to consult the links below for the latest information and advice for the sector:
- Association of Independent Museums (AIM), including:
- Charity Finance Group practical guide covering business continuity planning, cashflow management and insurance
- Business resilience checklist
- Please see here for information on financial support
- AIM are also offering online advice surgeries and you can find out more about those here.
Also independent museums are advised to contact AIM to make them aware of any specific issues, they are talking to DCMS with other sector bodies to gather intelligence and raise appropriate support for museums.
ACE has set up a central email address for all other queries – email@example.com
- DCMS - Latest DCMS newsletter here.
- supporting public services
- supporting people affected by COVID-19
- supporting businesses experiencing increases in costs or financial disruption
- Museums Association – a response to a stakeholders’ meeting with DCMS, includes some of the ways in which the sector might be affected and measures that museums are taking to mitigate the impact
As usual, we can be contacted by email should you have any questions. Please see here for individual contact information for our team.
Best wishes and take care